15 Feb Pancake Tuesday Dan Kelly’s Style: A Tasty Apple Cider Syrup Recipe
Whether you call them pancakes, hotcakes, griddle cakes or drop scones, February wouldn’t be the same without Pancake Tuesday. The combinations of toppings are endless but our favourite is apple cider syrup. This is a very simple syrup recipe that will take your pancakes to the next level!
4 oz brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Over a medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer (uncovered) for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for at least half an hour before using. Serve warm.
- Syrup will thicken as it cools. If you’d like a thicker syrup, simmer it longer.
- Pour over pancakes and enjoy.
- Refrigerate any unused portion in a sealed container but we bet there won’t be much left!